Monday 13 August 2012

Train Pain


Travel UK





I am sorry to say that I am a regular train traveller. Certainly, it is better for the environment than travelling by car, but, in all honesty, I am only travelling by train because I possess neither a full driving licence nor a car.



British trains are in every way horrific: they are dirty, they are slow, they are invariably late when you are in a rush, they break down, they are overstuffed, the ticket conductor is, eight times out of ten, begrudging of you being on their train, and to add insult to every aforementioned injury, they are more than three times as expensive as any other train in Europe.


Alas, as a true Englishman I know that there is little point bewailing the atrocious state of the British rail system: striking doesn’t work, making the country run out of money doesn’t work and complaining--although infinitely more preferable than the former two--most certainly gets us nowhere.  So I shall end here.



An oh-too-familiar scenario

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I thrive on the pursuit and acquisition of knowledge

Pages